All graduate students who wish to be considered for an Assistant-in-Instruction (AI) appointment for the Fall 2017 semester must submit an application online through the School of Architecture’s website here: http://soa.princeton.edu/ai-app-form. Note: Students will need to log into the SoA website to view this application. Applications must be received no later than 12:00 PM on July 14, 2017.
As part of the online questionnaire, students should upload an up-to-date resume/CV (to be submitted as a PDF file).
There is mandatory training for all first-time AIs on September 7-8, 2017. This is a requirement of the Graduate School, regardless of previous teaching experience, and is taught by The McGraw Center. There is no make-up date -- if you cannot attend this training session, you cannot be an AI.
- The number of AI positions and hours assigned to each AI is determined by the Dean of the Faculty and is absolute. The position is also dependent on enrollment. If a course does not meet the required enrollment number, the AI appointment will be cancelled. The department is under no obligation to replace this appointment.
- Ph.D. students who are in ET/DCC status are ineligible for AI positions.
- Only PhD students and M.Arch students in thesis semester are eligible to serve as AIs for graduate studios, unless otherwise specified.
- In order to AI a course, students must be available at the times listed with each course on the Registrar's website.
- Selection of AIs is at the discretion of the faculty member teaching each course and is subject to approval by the DGS.
The courses requiring AIs are as follows:
ARC 203: Introduction to Architectural Thinking (1 AI hour)
ARC 308: History of Architectural Theory
ARC 205: Interdisciplinary Design Studio (requires fall recess travel)
ARC 311: Building Science and Technology: Building Systems
ARC 350: Junior Studio
ARC 374: Computational Design
ARC 403: Topics in the History and Theory of Architecture
ARC 404: Advanced Design Studio
ARC 501: Architecture Design Studio
ARC 503: Integrated Building Studio
ARC 505A: Architecture Design Studio
ARC 505B: Architecture Design Studio
ARC 505C: Architecture Design Studio
Christina Diaz Moreno, Efren Grinda
ARC 507: Post-ProfessionalThesis Studio
ARC 530: M. Arch Thesis Seminar
(Ph.D. student preferred; student should also be available to serve as AI for ARC 508 in the spring 2018 semester)